Update 11.11.2019: All the sessions below are now available to watch online – on-demand here.
Ignite 2019 is just around the corner! I’m very excited to see new people and friends from all around the globe in Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center. I thought it’d be helpful to share where to find sessions around Windows Virtual Desktop. 🙂
“If you don’t jump on the new, you don’t survive.” – Satya Nadella
A quote that reminds me of being a pioneer, learning new things and adopt new solutions quickly – Microsoft Ignite is there to get answers to all your questions on your journey to the Azure Cloud. Here’s what you have to know to join us – or to learn new things about Windows Virtual Desktop to empower your organization.
During these sessions below, you’ll learn exciting new stuff where the product team is working on as well as partner and customer success stories.
I hope it helps you to make this the best Ignite for you and everyone around you – I hope to see you next week!
Windows Virtual Desktop sessions
- BRK2084: Windows Virtual Desktop overview – presenter Scott Manchester – Microsoft, Matthew Betts – FIS Global – 11/4 - 3:15 – 4:00 pm
- BRK2145: A real-world look at Windows Virtual Desktop, the best virtualization experience, delivered on Azure – presenter Jon Federico, Pieter Wigleven – Microsoft – 11/5 – 5:30 – 4:15 pm
- BRK3183: Accelerate your RDS and VDI migration to Windows Virtual Desktop – presenter Pavithra Thiruvengadam and Jon Federico – Microsoft – 11/7 – 9:15 – 10:00 am
- THR2277: Windows Virtual Desktop updates via Microsoft Mechanics LIVE – presenter, Jeremy Chapman from Microsoft, Scott Manchester – Microsoft – 11/5 – 5:35 – 5:55 pm
- THR2032: Windows Virtual Desktop: Bringing the Windows experience to the platforms and devices preferred by your users – presenter, Sandeep Patnaik – Microsoft – 11/4 – 2:50 – 3:10 pm
MSIX app attach
One of the hot topics around Windows Virtual Desktop is the new MSIX app attach solution. Want to learn (and experience) how it works and how it could benefit your organization. Make sure to attend the following Theatre session below.
- THR3074: MSIX app attach: The future of app delivery in virtual environments – presenter, Joydeep Mukherjee, Randy Cook – Microsoft – 11/7 – 03:05 – 03:25 pm
Office 365 – FSLogix
- BRK3087: Best practices for deploying and managing Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus – presenter, Randy Cook, Amesh Mansukhani – Microsoft – 11/6 – 10:15 – 11:00 am
This year there are also hands-on workshops as pre-day that are free to attend. Learning by doing is effectively the best way to absorb information. The product team will cover real-life scenarios to help you with the migration of RDS and VDI specific workloads to Windows Virtual Desktop.
- WRK3004: Migrate an existing RDS environment to Windows Virtual Desktop in Azure – presenter, Speakers: Stefan Georgiev, Pieter Wigleven – Microsoft, Vladimir Stefanovic – Superadmins, Victor Villar – Softline – 11/6 – 4:00 – 5:15 pm
Other Windows Virtual Desktop related workshops.
- PRE25: The future of desktop deployment: Windows, Office, and Windows Virtual Desktop – presenter, John Gruszczyk – Microsoft – 11/3 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Microsoft MVP community sessions
- BRK3149: Managing a virtual workplace using Windows Virtual Desktop and Microsoft 365 – presenter, Simon Binder – Microsoft MVP – 11/8 – 10:15 – 11:00 am
Partner sessions on Windows Virtual Desktop
- BRK3279: Deploy and scale Windows Virtual Desktops (WVD) on Azure with Citrix Cloud – presenter, Loay Shbeilat – Citrix Systems – 11/7 – 4:30 – 5:15 PM
- THR1102: Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure: Extending Windows Virtual Desktop – presenter, Gabe Knuth – VMware – 11/4 – 6:20 – 6:40 PM
Other add-value partner sessions
- THR2173: The ABCs of Windows Virtual Desktop migration – presenter , Ben Murphy – Lakeside Software – 11/7 – 1:15 – 1:35 PM
- THR3160 – A reference architecture for Windows Virtual Desktop printing – presenter Christoph Hammer – ThinPrint – 11/7 – 0:40 – 1:00 pm
- THR2214: Delivering a serverless printing infrastructure for your Windows Virtual Desktop environment – speaker, Ryan Wedig – PrinterLogic – 11/4 – 5:45 – 6:05 PM
Expert Connect in Expert Connect
Meet me personally on Nov 06, 2019 from 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time) at the Expert Connect within the Expert Connect area of The Hub to talk about use-cases or any other Windows Virtual Desktop related questions you have – hope to see you there!
Just as we had last year, we will have this. Come find us at the Microsoft – Windows 10 + Office 365 – booth area. Our booth number is 23.
Alert: We do have some really cool sway at our WVD booth – Do I see you there?!
Not at Ignite? Don’t worry – Ignite the Tour is coming your way!
Our industry-leading conference is hitting the road—and coming to a city near you. You don’t want to miss the very latest in cloud technologies and developer tools with guest speakers, industry experts, and more. Get on the list today!
Find your nearest location here.
I (and the rest of our team) look forward to meet you there and answer any question you have!
Take care and see you soon!